FULTON, NY – The United Way of Greater Oswego County is once again offering its donors the opportunity to be rewarded for helping their community.
The United Way’s Donor Incentive Program offers those who donate to the agency’s 2010 / 2011 annual campaign the opportunity to win special prizes as an incentive for supporting the United Way’s campaign.
Resource development director Lois Luber said, “We established our incentive campaign in 2008 in response to a suggestion by our campaign cabinet, due to the feedback we received from our donors and our campaign coordinators, we have decided to continue the incentive campaign and have once again partnered with a number of area business to offer our supporters the opportunity to win some great prizes. Those pledging a minimum donation of $1 per week for one year to the United Way’s 2010 / 2011 annual campaign will be automatically entered into the drawings, which will take place in the spring. These incentives are a nice way for us to do something for our donors and hopefully increase the number of first time pledges.”
Among the prizes donors will be eligible to win include:
- Trek Hybrid Bicycles from Murdock’s Shop in Oswego
- Gift certificates to local health clubs, including memberships at the Oswego YMCA, the Fulton YMCA, Stability Fitness, and New Image Health & Fitness, as well as Zumba Classes from Rebecca Friedlander of Lisa’s Centre of Dance and the Oswego YMCA.
- Gift certificates to Wal-Mart
- Gift certificates to local eateries including, Canale’s Restaurant and Vona’s Restaurant in Oswego; Blue Moon Grill in Fulton; and The River House in Pulaski.
- Gift certificates to Bosco & Geers in Oswego and Tops Market in Pulaski
- A sports watch from DuFore’s Jewelers in Oswego
“We are pleased to be able to offer these prizes to our donors and are appreciative of the support we have received from those who helped make these prizes available including Entergy, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Fulton Savings Bank, Planned Results, Inc. and Burritt Motors for covering the costs of purchasing prizes and Stability Fitness, DuFore’s for Diamonds, Fulton YMCA, Oswego YMCA and New Image Health & Fitness for providing gift certificates,” said Luber.
Those interested may also register online at www.oswegounitedway.org
The prize drawings will be held in February.
For more information, call 593-1900.