Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County is hosting a Ã¢â‚¬Å“Holiday Farmers MarketÃ¢â‚¬Â on Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 10 am to 2 pm at the Mexico VFW, 5930 Scenic Ave/State Route 3, Mexico. Visit the holiday farmers market for great holiday gift ideas and a wide variety of local agricultural products.
In addition to agriculture products for sale, there will be a wool spinning demonstration by Tracy Lindovski of Narrowgate Farm, sponsored by Arts and Culture.
Also, CCE Master Gardener Polly Knapp will demonstrate how to make a holiday centerpiece using fresh boughs and pine cones.
To name a few of the items available:
- There will be alpaca fiber products such as, hats, mittens and scarves from Salmon River Alpacas.
- Fresh eggs and maple products from Heritage Hill Farm.
- Locally grown potatoes and New York Bold onions available from Dylan Sorbello. Oswego CountyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s own winery Ashley Lynn Winery will be on hand.
- Mountain Ash Elk Ranch will be offering elk meat and marinades.
- Fruit Valley Orchards will have apples, pears, statice wreaths, holly balls, and holly & greens.
- Colosse Cheese will have a variety of cheeses for sale as well a cheese gift packages.
This is just a sampling of the farms that will be present at the market. This is an opportunity to support local agriculture and meet some of the Oswego County farmers. There is a large variety of local food produced right in Oswego County, and a great cross section of it will be available at the farmers market. Many of the farmers attending the market are listed in the Harvest Guide that was published earlier this year.
If you have any questions about this event please call Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oswego County at (315) 963-7286.