Submitted by Oswego County
Voters in many Oswego County communities will have new polling places this fall. Election Commissioners Donald Wart and Richard Atkins said several polling spots were consolidated or moved in order to accommodate the new optical scan voting systems and improve accessibility to people with disabilities.
Poll sites that have been consolidated or moved are as follows:
- Constantia: Districts 1 and 3 will now vote in the Cleveland Village Hall. Voters previously voted at the Cleveland Fire Department.
- Oswego Town: District 7 will now vote in Room 120 of the SUNY Student Center; previously voted in Hewitt Union.
- Parish: Districts 1 and 2 will now vote in the Parish Fire Station; voters previously used the Village Gymnasium.
- Richland : District 6 will now vote in the Snow Memorial Building. Previously they voted in the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse. (Richland District 5 will continue to vote at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse.)
- Sandy Creek: Districts 1, 2 and 3 will now vote in the Sandy Creek Town Hall. In 2009 voters used the temporary site at the Samaritan Health Center
- Schroeppel : District 5 will now vote at the Pennellville Methodist Church. Previously they voted at the Caughdenoy West Side Fire Station. (Schroeppel District 6 will continue to vote at the Caughdenoy West Side Fire Station.)
- Oswego 1st Ward: Districts 1, 2 and 3 will now vote at the Salvation Army Citadel. These districts previously voted at the McCrobie Building.
- Oswego 4th Ward: Districts 3 and 4 will now vote in St. Paulâ€™s Church. Previously they voted in St. Peterâ€™s Club House.
- Oswego 5th Ward: Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 will now vote in the Elim Grace Christian Church. Previous site was the Cullinan Ice Rink.
- Oswego 6th Ward: District 1 will now vote in Oswego Health Services Center; previously they voted in the Grace Lutheran Church.
- Oswego 7th Ward: Districts 1 and 2 will now vote in the Faith United Church. Previously they voted at the Ancient Order of Hibernians.
- Fulton 3rd Ward: District 1 will now vote in the Fulton War Memorial; previously people voted in the Lanigan School.
- Fulton 3rd Ward: District 2 will now vote in the Fulton War Memorial; previously they voted in the Crossroads Tabernacle Church.
- Fulton 5th Ward: District 2 will now vote in the First United Church of Fulton. They previously voted in the Fairgrieve School.
All other poll sites remain unchanged.
People can find out where to vote by visiting the â€œVoter Informationâ€ section of the Board of Electionâ€™s Web site at www.oswegocounty.com/boe/ or www.vote-ny.com
Enter the information requested and the poll site address will appear. Those who need directions to the poll site, may click on â€œGet Directionsâ€ and a map to the poll site will be provided.
The Board of Elections will mail postcards to all registered voters in early August, to the address that is currently on file at the Board of Elections. The postcard will include the physical address of their poll site.
On Primary Day, Sept. 14, polls will be open noon to 9 p.m. On Election Day,. Nov. 2, polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information or instructions on using the optical scan voting machine, visit the Web site or call the Oswego County Board of Elections at 349-VOTE.