BROCKPORT, N.Y. – The Oswego State women’s team team trailed 2-1 heading into singles play aganist Brockport on Saturday afternoon, but the Golden Eagles went on to sweep the singles points to hand the Lakers a 8-1 loss. Hannah Rawlings and Lauren Stall picked up the lone Oswego State point at No. 3 doubles when they battled to defeat Katelyn Richenberg and Lauren Bohman 9-7.
The Lakers dropped to 0-3 overall and 0-2 in the conference, while Brockport improved to 2-2 overall and 1-0 in the league. Oswego State will hit the road on Wednesday to face Cortland in another SUNYAC match-up at 4 p.m.
1. Mackenzie Rounds (B) def. Nicole Leader (O), 6-2, 6-2
2. Jen Lazarony (B) def. Rachel Rigney (O), 6-3, 6-0
3. Carolyn McMenemon def. Hannah Rawlings (O), 6-1, 6-0
4. Kaitlyn Broderick (B) def. Kelly Corwin (O), 6-1, 6-0
5. Katelyn Richenberg (B) def. Emma Baker (O), 6-4, 6-1
6. Ellen Meyers (B) def. Christine Ripple (O), 6-1, 6-2
1. Mackenzie Rounds/Carolyn McMenemon (B) def. Nicole Leader/Rachel Rigney (O), 8-3
2. Kaitlyn Broderick/Jen Lazarony (B) def. Kelly Corwin/Emma Baker (O), 8-2
3. Hannah Rawlings/Lauren Stall (O) def. Katelyn Richenberg/Lauren Bohman (B), 9-7