OSWEGO – Applications are currently being accepted for summer jobs at Camp Hollis. Camp Hollis is a children’s residential camp owned by Oswego County and operated by the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau.
The camp is located in the town of Oswego on the shore of Lake Ontario.
Children ages 8 to 14 attend camp for one week and participate in a variety of summer camp activities.
Most jobs require residency at Camp Hollis from Sunday evening through Friday evening each week, with weekends off.
Applications are being accepted for these positions:
• Group Activity Leader: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. Skills and activity planning a must. June 23-Aug. 16. The salary is $2,478.
• Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. June 23 – Aug. 16. The salary ranges from $2,184 to $2,324.
• Waterfront Director: Must be at least 21 years of age, have current WSI certificates and three seasons of life guarding experience. June 23 – Aug 16. The salary is $2866.
• Lifeguard/counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, have current lifesaving and CPR certificates and experience in recreation or childcare. June 23 to Aug. 16. The salary is $2,450.
• Senior Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work, supervision and childcare experience. June 23 to Aug. 16. The salary is $2,478.
• Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work and childcare experience. June 23 to Aug. 16. The salary is $2,184.
Applications will be accepted for the counselor-in-training program beginning on March 1.
Youth age 15- or 16-years-old may apply to be accepted into this training program.
The program runs from June 23 through July 19 for 15-year-olds and from June 23 through August 16 for 16-year-olds.
Residency is required for both trainings and 16-year-olds will receive a stipend.
For job applications and additional information, contact Brandon Morey at the Youth Bureau, at 315-349-3451 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3451 or [email protected]
Employment applications are also available by visiting Camp Hollis’ Web site at www.oswegocounty.com/youth/hollis