OSWEGO TOWN – Applications are currently being accepted for summer jobs at Camp Hollis.
Camp Hollis is a children’s residential camp owned by Oswego County and operated by the Oswego City-County Youth Bureau.
The camp is located in the town of Oswego on the shore of Lake Ontario.
Children ages 8 to 14 attend camp for one week and participate in a variety of summer camp activities.
Most jobs require residency at Camp Hollis from Sunday evening through Friday evening each week, with weekends off.
Applications are being accepted for these positions:
– Camp Co-Directors: Must have Bachelor’s degree in recreation, education or related field or be 25 years of age with experience in camps and/or recreation. Supervision and management of camp staff, programs and resources required. Maintain high levels and standards of camper satisfaction, staff morale, safety and security as specified by the Department of Health and the Coordinator of Recreation and Youth Development. May- through end of August. Salary is $7,090 for the summer.
– Group Activity Leader: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. Skills and activity planning a must. June 19-Aug. 12. Salary is $2,866 for the summer.
– Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, with organized camp, recreation or childcare experience. June 19 – Aug. 12. Salary is $2,520 for the summer.
– Waterfront Director: Must be at least 21 years of age, have current WSI certificates and three seasons life-guarding experience. June 19 – Aug 12. Salary is $2,866 for the summer.
– Lifeguard/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age, have current lifesaving and CPR certificates and experience in recreation or childcare. June 19 to Aug. 12. Salary is $2,590 for the summer.
– Senior Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work, supervision and childcare experience. June 19 to Aug. 12. Salary is $2,730 for the summer.
– Kitchen Helper/Counselor: Must be at least 17 years of age with kitchen work and childcare experience. June 19 to Aug. 12. Salary is $2,520 for the summer.
– Camp Nurse: Must be a Certified or Licensed Physician, Physician Assistant (PA), Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with experience in Nursing and First Aid. June 19 to Aug 12. Daytime and nighttime shift rates; salary dependent on shifts worked.
– Weekend Camp Host/Hostess: Experience in customer service and rental group management. Willing to work days and overnights when groups are at camp. Security guarding experience preferred. May 1- October 31. Salary dependent on shifts worked.
– Counselor-in-training program: Applications are also being accepted for the counselor-in-training program beginning March 1. Youth aged 15 or 16 years old may apply to be accepted into this training program. 15-year-olds participate in the program from June 19 – July 15. 16-year-olds participate in the program from June 19 – Aug. 12 and receive a stipend. Residency for both trainings is required.
For job applications and additional information, contact Brandon Morey at the Youth Bureau, by calling 315-349-3451 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3451 or at [email protected]
Employment applications are also available by visiting Camp Hollis’ website at www.oswegocounty.com/youth/hollis