OSWEGO, NY – With Budweiser International Classic Week set to begin in less than a month, Oswego Speedway recently announced that week-long Classic camping will open at the ‘Steel Palace’ on August 24 at 8 a.m.
All campers currently in the Speedway’s Albany Street camping lot must be removed from that location by 1 p.m. August 17 in order to prepare the grounds for the following week.
Camping receipts are currently available for purchase at the Speedway box office.
Issued camping receipts are to be turned in for camping passes when entering either of the camping lots.
Camping passes will once again include two vehicle passes. Additional vehicle passes, which are good for the entire week, must be purchased for $5.
Week-long camping passes, good for ten full days, are $50.
All camping policies and regulations instituted in 2013 will again be followed in 2014.
All camping zones will now have a roadway and access lane which must be kept free and clear.
There will be absolutely no camping or parking allowed in these lanes.
As in years past, it will be required to have at least 10 feet between campers. However, all camping spaces must be kept to a maximum of 25’x60’.
All campers are required to be within these measured maximums and camping spaces will be required to be staged in designated rows along the designed access lanes that will be used as turn offs and safety lanes from the main access roads in each camping area.
Camping rows and access lanes will be clearly marked with stakes as you enter the campgrounds via the main access roads.
A total of nearly 400 camping spaces have been carefully plotted out in the Speedway’s back campground with another 120 spaces available along the flats area which sets at the bottom of the Albany Street hill.
There will be three general camping areas available between the back and flats lots along with a family camping zone to the left side of the main access road in the back campground near the Brittany Hill fence line.
All campers must be removed from camping lots following Budweiser Classic Week by September 3 in order to begin the camping turn around for SUNOCO Race of Champions Weekend coming September 12-14.
Fans can reserve seats today for Budweiser International Classic Weekend by calling the Speedway’s main box office at (315) 342-0646.
Weekend general admission seating is available for $105, with reserved seating set at $115.
For more information on Oswego Speedway visit online at www.oswegospeedway.com or LIKE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OswegoSpeedway or FOLLOW on Twitter @OswegoSpeedway
Those interested in Speedway video programming online can subscribe to the Speedway’s YouTube Channel, ‘OswegoSpeedwayOnline’
2014 BUDWEISER CLASSIC WEEK CAMPING RULES
Welcome to Budweiser Classic Week. We hope that you enjoy your stay with us and please observe the following rules and regulations to provide a safe environment while on the Oswego Speedway property.
1. All campers must purchase a Budweiser Classic Week Camping Permit for $50 before setting up their camping unit. Permits will be sold at the speedway office or at either of the campground command post trailers. Campers will not be permitted access to Speedway grounds until 8 a.m. on August 24.
2. No household furniture or temporary shelters are allowed.
3. Property Patrol: Oswego Speedway employees will be patrolling the camping grounds 24 hours a day beginning on August 24. They are there for your safety. Please treat them with respect. An altercation with ANY of our employees will lead to eviction from the Speedway property and possible arrest.
4. Camp in Areas Marked on Map: Do not camp in parking areas as marked on the map or you only will be asked to move. Please obey the “No Camping” signs.
5. Restrooms: will be open to the campers 24 hours a day beginning August 24. There will also be portable facilities located around the grounds.
6. Dumping Station: for motor homes and trailers is provided at the bottom of Albany Street as indicated on the map.
7. Fresh Water: is available Free of charge in front and back grandstand along the outer perimeter fence and in both camping areas.
8. Showers: will be available at the rear grandstand restroom area.
9. Fires: The city of Oswego has an ordinance prohibiting open fires. However, they have allowed campers to make a COOKING FIRE ONLY, measuring no larger than 36” x 36″! No bonfires or burning of any such things as tires, pallets, furniture, etc. Any sizeable fire could lead to possible arrest or sizeable fine.
10. Music: Should be suitable in noise level to your own campsite. No large boom boxes or amplifiers allowed. No loud music whatsoever past midnight. No live bands or, DJs, or live entertainment of any kind allowed.
11. Open Container Law: The city of Oswego has an ordinance prohibiting the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property. Please refrain from carrying an open container of alcoholic beverage on any of the roadways surrounding the Oswego Speedway property or any other property not belonging to Oswego Speedway. Remember East Albany Street is a city street and under jurisdiction of city police. If you have an open container of alcohol, stay on Oswego Speedway private property.
12. No three- or four-wheel ATVs or trail bikes Allowed: Due to insurance liability restrictions. The only motorized vehicles allowed will be mopeds or mini-bikes. And no motorized vehicles of this nature driven after dark. Speed limit for all vehicles on Speedway property is 5 mph.
13. Secure your belongings: Lock all personal property, cameras, auto, campers, trailers, etc. while you are away from your campsite. Do not leave coolers, and valuables outside camper or car at night. Lock them up!
14. Secruity: manned by someone from the Speedway – near the entrance gate to back camping area off City Line Road. Report any problems to this area.
15. First Aid: will be available at either of the front or rear grandstand during racing activity. After hours, report to the Security.
16. Sale or use of drugs: is strictly forbidden and against the law. Possession of firearms on Speedway property is strictly forbidden. NO FIREWORKS, SKY LANTERNS, BALLOON LAUNCHERS, PAINT GUNS, will be allowed on Speedway property.
17. Trespassing: Once the track is closed for the evening and locked, there will be no one allowed on the premises – persons found inside the track will be charged with trespassing. Use of rest rooms ONLY.
18. Any unlawful activity will be reported to local city of Oswego Police.
19. Remember: Enjoy yourself. But, you will be held responsible for your actions. And when you’re drinking, DON’T DRIVE.
20. All roadways and access lanes must be kept free and clear. Absolutely no parking on these designated lanes.
21. Must have 10 feet between campers.
OSWEGO HOSPITAL: (Route 104 West to West Seventh Street)
General (INFO) ………. 349-5511
Emergency Room ……..349-5522 or 349-5523
City Fire Department – Ambulance ………… 911
City Police ……… 911
Oswego County/City ………911
Urgent Care Facility (Fulton) …… 315- 592-3500