OSWEGO – Beginning Jan. 1, Oswego County solid waste transfer stations will be open four days a week.
All of the transfer stations will continue to be open Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
Weekdays hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sticker sales and weigh scales end ½-hour before the transfer stations close.
The new schedule is as follows:
• Bristol Hill: Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Closed Tuesday and Friday.
• Hannibal: Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday and Thursday.
• Hastings: Open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday and Wednesday.
• Oswego: Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Closed Wednesday and Friday.
• Pulaski: Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Closed Tuesday and Thursday.
A special committee of the County Legislature spent several months earlier this year studying operating costs and operation of the five county transfer stations.
The new schedule was developed as an alternative to a phased-in closure of individual transfer stations.
Beginning Jan. 1, weigh and pay fees at the transfer stations will go up to $125 per ton; tip fees at the landfill and Energy Recovery Facility (ERF) increase to $65 per ton; and construction and demolition rates for major haulers will increase to $50 per ton.
The residential sticker fee will go up $10 to $175 for 2015.
Oswego County transfer stations and recycling drop-off centers are located at Bristol Hill, 3125 NYS Route 3, Volney; 1167 County Route 7, Hannibal; 1391 U.S. Route 11, Hastings; 700 E. Seneca St., Oswego; and 100 County Route 2A, Pulaski.
For more information, call the Department of Solid Waste at 591-9200, or visit http://www.oswegocounty.com/dsw/index.html