The Oswego Alumni Association will induct five Laker greats into the Oswego State Athletic Hall of Fame Oct. 25.
The soccer, baseball, basketball, wrestling, women’s cross country and women’s lacrosse programs will all be represented at the eighth annual ceremony and luncheon in the Sheldon Hall ballroom on the SUNY Oswego campus.
The Oswego Alumni Association established the Hall of Fame in 2001 to honor players and coaches who made outstanding contributions to Oswego State athletics.
This year’s inductees:
* Joseph Bena, class of 1964, wrestled for SUNY Oswego as a student and went on to become a distinguished coach at the high school level. He will begin his 43rd season as a high school coach this fall.
* Frank Lisco, class of 1965, celebrated several team championships and earned numerous personal honors as a soccer, basketball and baseball player during his student career.
* Ernest Loungo coached the men’s soccer team to its first state championship in 1966.
* Jeannine Muoio Salamone, class of 1992, set several records and earned many awards as a member of the women’s cross country and track teams.
* Kimberly Pace, class of 1997, set several school marks and was ranked among the top players in New York in her tenure with the women’s lacrosse team.
For more information or to place reservations for the ceremony and luncheon, visit www.oswego.edu/alumni or call 312-2258. Reservations are needed by Oct. 17.