OSWEGO COUNTY – Oswego County continues to mark its 200th anniversary this year with the launch of a series of heritage bus tours throughout the county.
Celebrate the county’s bicentennial and learn more about the history in your own back yard!
Oswego Expeditions offers a different guided tour every month from June to October.
All trips begin at 10 a.m. and return by 4 p.m. at a choice of pickup stations.
The first tour begins in Oswego during New York State’s Path through History Weekend.
The schedule includes:
• Saturday, June 18: Visit the H. Lee White Maritime Museum, Oswego Railroad Museum, Richardson-Bates House Museum and step back in time to witness the French and Indian War during a living history event at Fort Ontario State Historic Site.
• Saturday, July 16: Travel through Fulton, Hannibal and Phoenix to visit the Hannibal Historical Society, Pratt House Museum, Schroeppel Historical Society Museum, and Bridge House Museum for the second trip.
• Saturday, Aug. 27: Participants will visit the Salmon River (Selkirk) Lighthouse and Marina, Pulaski Historical Society and Carriage House Museum, Mexico Historical Society and Casey’s Cottage at Mexico Point Park.
• Saturday, Sept. 17: This tour begins with a trip to the Oswego County Fairgrounds in Sandy Creek to enjoy the Crank It Up! Antique Tractor and Engine Show! Other stops include the Half-Shire Historical Society, Salmon River International Sportfishing Museum, and the impressive 110-foot waterfall at the Salmon River Falls Unique Area.
• Saturday, Oct. 15: Head out to the north shore of Oneida Lake to visit the West Monroe Historical Society, the Cleveland Historical Society, and the Fort Brewerton Historical Society’s Oliver Stevens Block House Museum on the final tour.
Admission for each trip is $45 for adults and $35 for seniors and students.
Purchase the whole series for a special discounted rate of $180 for adults and $140 for seniors and students.
Each expedition includes a historical guide, transportation and entry fees as well as coffee, water and a picnic lunch provided by a featured local business.
Call Oswego Expeditions at 315-561-0223 to book your reservation today.
For more information on heritage tours and events by Oswego Expeditions visit http://oswegoexpeditions.com/
To learn more about Oswego County’s bicentennial or other upcoming events, contact the Oswego County Tourism Office at 1-800-248-4FUN (4386) or go to www.visitoswegocounty.com/bicentennial.