Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Meeting Type: Regular Meeting
Location: Board Room – High School
I. REGULAR BUSINESS
A. Call the meeting to order.
B. Pledge to the flag.
C. Appoint Nancy Henner, Interim District Clerk
D. Comments from visitors
• Speakers will be asked to sign up to speak before the meeting, providing their name, address, phone number. If they have a question, they will be asked to write it out.
• List will be given to the President before the start of the meeting.
• If there are 10 speakers or more, a 3-minute limit on speaking will be put in place. Speakers may be grouped according to subject. They may speak once.
• President will make a statement before every board meeting that only factual and yes or no questions will be answered. Others may require research, but they will be answered by letter or a phone call.
• Questions and their answers from the previous month’s meeting will be quickly reviewed. Questions and their answers will also be available on the back bulletin board.
• After “comments” section, corrections may be made.
• Second “comments” section will be the same as the first.
D. Minutes – February 28, 2011; March 9, 2011; March 16, 2011; March 23, 2011
E. Financial Reports – February, 2011
1. Treasurer’s Report
2. Cafeteria Report
3. Extraclass Fund Report
4. Transfer Report
5. Transfer Requests
F. Correspondence and Notifications
1. Budget Meeting, April 21, 2011 at 6:30 pm in the Fairley Elementary Cafeteria
2. Letter from Pemberton Associates
3. National Technical Honor Society
i. Ten (10) Students inducted
ii. Two (2) Students inducted for the second year
4. Novelis Grant Awarded to Fairley Elementary School, $3,500.
G. Reports and Requests
1. EXCEL Project Report – John Putnam, Bovis
2. Policy Committee
a. Second Reading: Policy #s 7315, 8271, 6470, 6180, 7330, 7540.
3. Board Member Forum:
4. Race to The Top – M. DiFabio
II. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Scott Leonard, Physical Education Teacher, effective September 1, 2011.
b. Marie Stroup, Library Media Specialist, effective September 1, 2011.
c. Jennifer Ruggio, Primary Special Education Teacher, effective September 1, 2011.
d. Patrick Keefe, Middle School Principal, effective June 1, 2011.
e. Brian Schmitt, High School Principal, effective July 23, 2011.
2. Regular Appointments:
1. Patrick Harriott, Substitute Teacher pending finger print clearance, effective April 14, 2011.
2. Kathy Hughes, Substitute Food Service Worker pending finger print clearance, effective April 25, 2011.
3. Roy Sova, Half-time Bus Driver, effective April 14, 2011, $16.64 per hour.
4. Meghan Welling, Temporary Typist, effective April 14, 2011 through June 30, 2011, $24,500 pro-rated.
3. Leave of Absence:
a. Lisa Shortslef, District Clerk / Admin. Asst. to Superintendent, Medical LOA, March 11 –approximately May 2, 2011.
b. Meghan Welling, Teaching Assistant, leave of absence, April 6, 2011 through June 30, 2011.
a. Donna Gardner, Typist, effective April 1, 2011.
a. Mary Ann Buske, Elementary Teacher, effective June 30, 2011.
b. Deborah Henderson, Elementary Teacher, effective June 30, 2011.
c. Jack Tyrie Jr., Social Studies Teacher, effective June 30, 2011.
d. Carol Eggleston, Typist, effective June 30, 2011. Payment of ten (10) Vacation days and a Retirement Award of $8,382 per contract language.
e. Maria Kent, Teaching Assistant, effective June 24, 2011.
5. Leaves of Absence:
a. Sandra Palmer, Unpaid leaves of absence April 13, 15 and 26.
1. Recommendations of Committees on Preschool Special Education and Special Education.
III. OLD BUSINESS
A. Special Board Meeting for BOCES Administrative Budget Vote
i. April 25, 2011
ii. Set Time and Place
B. Amend 2010-2011 school year calendar
i. Change Friday, May 27, 2011 to be included in the Memorial Day Observance
C. Amend 2011-2012 school year calendar
i. Change Teacher Orientation to be September 1, 2011
ii. Change January 2, 2012 to New Year Observance
IV. NEW BUSINESS
A. Resolution to approve and authorize the Second Amended and Restated Cooperative Health Insurance Agreement.
B. Resolution delegating to the President of the Board of Education the Power to authorize the issuance of and to sell revenue anticipation notes in anticipation of the receipt of State Aid.
C. Approve Proposed List of Assistant Clerks and Inspectors for May 17, 2011 Vote.
D. Declare miscellaneous items as surplus and authorize the Superintendent to dispose of in the best interest of the district. (see attached list)
E. Agenda items for May.
Additional Comments from Visitors
V. ANTICIPATED EXECUTIVE SESSION