PULASKI – The village of Pulaski will be hopping this weekend with live music, a snow sculpture contest, free movies, a chili walk and a wing walk during the fifth annual Salmon River Winter Festival Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 29 to 31.
Weather permitting there will be free snowmobile rides, sponsored by the Pulaski-Boylston Snowmobile Club, at Selkirk Shores State Park on Sunday.
Event chairman Shawn Doyle said updates and additions will be posted at www.facebook.com/OswegoCountywintercarnival. Several local businesses and community organizations are sponsoring the festival.
Here’s the schedule of events:
Friday Jan. 29:
– Opening Concert: John Glenn Band at the Kallet Theater. Doors open 6 p.m. Admission is $3 per person, $5 a couple. Enjoy a night of great dance music with one of Central New York’s premier dance bands! Proceeds to benefit the festival events. *Reserved seating available by contacting Doyle, 532-5919 (call or text).
Saturday, Jan. 30:
– Kallet Theater: open at 1 p.m.; crafts through the day. Free kids movies are: “Max” at 3 p.m. and “The Avengers” at 6 p.m.
– South Park: Pulaski Masons’ chicken Bar-B-Q serving from about 10:30 a.m. until sold out (by 1 p.m.)
– Second annual Designs of Elegance snowman/sculpture contest: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Pulaski Historical Society – Open house 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., stop for a free tour and refreshments.
– Pulaski Masons – Exhibit by Half-Shire Historical on Masons’ history, refreshments provided, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Throughout the village, noon until 5 p.m.: Third annual Pulaski Masons’ “Chili Walk” competition. At least 12 businesses compete for the best chili in Pulaski. Sign up from any location and get a ballot for $5. (Ponderosa Steakhouse, Eddy’s Place, Pulaski VFW, Riverhouse, Mr. Sub, LD’s Alehouse, Pulaski Masons, Dino’s Deli, End Zone Sports Bar, Pulaski Legion, Ma Barkers, Route 11 North) 3-4 ounce sample at each location, ballots can be purchased from any of the locations along the route.
– Ringgold Fire Hall: Daddy Daughter dance for ABC Dance Academy (Contact ABC Dance, $25 cost) 6 – 8 p.m.
Sunday Jan. 31:
– Kallet Theater- Open 1 – 4 p.m., Free Movie “Air Bud” at 2 p.m., Sponsored by NYS Senator Patty Ritchie.
– Throughout the village, noon until 5 p.m. – Third Annual Pulaski Mason’s “Wing Walk” competition. Eight businesses have signed up so far to compete, two wings at each stop. (Ponderosa, Stefano’s Pizzeria, Eddy’s Place, Paulanjo’s, Pulaski VFW, LD’s Alehouse, End Zone Sports Bar, Route 11 North) Ballots can be purchased at any location along the route.
– Selkirk Shores State Park – “Take a friend snowmobiling” rides at Selkirk Shores State Park. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., provided by Pulaski/Boylston Snowmobile Club, weather permitting.
Doyle extends a special thank you to the Lobdell family and Healthway for the use of the Kallet Theater, and thank you to all sponsors.
As of Jan. 24, they include Senator Patty Ritchie, Designs of Elegance Florist, A Cut Above Salon, Kessler’s Accounting, Salmon River Guides Association, and North County Veterinarians.
For more information, contact Doyle at 532-5919.
Some events may be added; other events may be subject to change.
See the latest on the Salmon River Winter Festival Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OswegoCountywintercarnival.
For visitor information, winter trail conditions and fishing conditions go to www.visitoswegocounty.com or call the Oswego County Tourism Office at 1-800-248-4FUN (4386).