;

Fire Causes Minor Damage At Aldi’s

OSWEGO – The Oswego Fire Department was dispatched at 10:45 a.m. today (Feb. 5) to a reported fire on the roof of a commercial building, Aldi Supermarket, 290 State Route 104.

The fire was discovered by a solar panel inspector who ironically was there doing a routine inspection of the system.

The worker noticed smoke and flames coming from the solar panel control box, called 911, and disconnected the system.

Store management was alerted of the problem, and the building was then evacuated.

Oswego Fire Department personnel arrived on the scene, confirmed that the fire was out, and surveyed the area to ensure it had not spread to other areas of the building.

The fire was contained to the solar panel control box, and was likely caused by a poor electrical connection.

The solar power system on the roof of the structure will remain offline until proper repairs are made and it can be inspected.

The business was closed for about 30 minutes while fire crews were operating at the scene.

Both of the Oswego Fire Department ambulances were responding to other alarms at the time of the fire, and Menter Ambulance was called to the scene for standby.

The Oswego Police Department and the members of the Oswego County Fire Coordinator’s office also assisted at the scene.

No injuries were reported, and all personnel were back in service by 11:15 a.m.

1 Comment

  1. Was the “solar panel inspector” one of the Oswego firemen? Did they come up with a new way to get overtime pay?

Comments are closed.