Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Time: 6:30 p.m. (Regular meeting starts at 7:15 p.m.)
Meeting Type: Regular Meeting
Location: Board Room – High School
I. REGULAR BUSINESS
A. Call the meeting to order.
B. Pledge to the flag.
C. Executive Session – Negotiations and Litigation (6:30-7:15 p.m.)
D. Recognition of Foreign Exchange Students
E. Comments from visitors
• Speakers will be asked to sign up to speak before the meeting, providing their name, address, phone number. If they have a question, they will be asked to write it out.
• List will be given to the President before the start of the meeting.
• If there are 10 speakers or more, a 3-minute limit on speaking will be put in place. Speakers may be grouped according to subject. They may speak once.
• President will make a statement before every board meeting that only factual and yes or no questions will be answered. Others may require research, but they will be answered by letter or a phone call.
• Questions and their answers from the previous month’s meeting will be quickly reviewed. Questions and their answers will also be available on the back bulletin board.
• After “comments” section, corrections may be made.
• Second “comments” section will be the same as the first.
F. Minutes – August 10 and 29, 2011
G. Financial Reports – July, 2011
1. Treasurer’s Report
2. Transfer Report
3. Transfer Requests
H. Other Reports and Recommendations
1. EXCEL Project Report
a. Regular Report – John Putnam, Lend Lease
b. Phase II Plan
2. BOCES Board Report – Donna Blake
3. Legislative Report – Donna Blake
4. Contract for Excellence
5. Webpage Update
II. CONSENT AGENDA
B. Recommendations of Committees on Preschool Special Education and Special Education.
III. OLD BUSINESS
A. 2011-12 School Calendar
B. ELA Curriculum Audit for KMS
C. ARRA Audit Plan
D. Board Forum
IV. NEW BUSINESS
A. CSEA Employee Benefit Fund Agreement
B. Policy Review: Investments, Purchasing, Number of Members, Quorum
C. Disposal of Surplus Items
D. Topics for Next Meeting
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS FROM VISITORS