OSWEGO – Children’s flu shots are now available at the Oswego County Health Department’s regularly scheduled immunization clinics Tuesdays from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
Influenza immunization clinics are held weekdays for adults age 19 and older from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. at the Nick Sterio Health Clinic. No appointment is needed; walk-ins are welcome.
Adults may also receive flu shots the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
The cost is $39 for the injectable influenza vaccination and $43 for the nasal vaccine.
All patients must bring insurance cards to the clinics.
The health department will bill Medicaid/Medicare including managed care plans, Excellus BC/BS, Empire Plan and Oswego County Pomco Plan 200.
The health department accepts cash or checks for payment; the department does not accept credit or debit cards.
The Oswego County Health Department offers a variety of services to all residents of Oswego County, including preventive health services, certified home health care, certified hospice, and a maternal and child health program.
No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
The following services will be offered during the week of Oct. 12 at the Nick Sterio Public Health Clinic, 70 Bunner St., Oswego.
– Adult Flu Clinic: Monday through Friday, Oct. 12 through 16, 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m., walk-in clinic, no appointment needed.
– Immunization Clinic: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., walk-in clinic.
– Pregnancy Testing: Free pregnancy testing is available. Call 349-3391 to schedule an appointment.
– Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing and Treatment Services: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
– HIV Counseling and Testing Service: Call 349-3547 to schedule an appointment.
Immunization clinics are held every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at 70 Bunner St., Oswego, and the third Tuesday of every month from 9 to 11 a.m. at the H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski.
For more information about public health services, contact the County Health Department, weekdays, phone 349-3547 or 1-800-596-3200, ext. 3547.