Housing Development Council Needs Input from Residents

OSWEGO – The Oswego Housing Development Council, located in Parish, and the County Department of Community Development, Tourism and Planning are looking for input from Oswego County residents who need assistance with housing repairs, septic system repairs, and other housing-related issues.

Input from local residents is needed in order to document the need for grant funds for Oswego County residents.

“In 2014 Oswego County applied for a number of housing grants. However, we were not successful in receiving funding from New York State for any of the activities,” said Donna Scanlon, Director of Community Development Programs for the Oswego County Department of Community Development, Tourism and Planning. “Therefore we are looking for help from county residents to show there is an unmet need for housing -related grant funds in Oswego County.”

The council is specifically looking for input from people who need homeowner housing improvements such as roof repairs, plumbing and heating, first-time homebuyer down payment assistance, septic system or well repairs, accessibility needs, and mobile home replacement.

Residents are asked to contact the Oswego Housing Development Council and complete a preliminary application for services at 315-625-4520, or e-mail [email protected]


Comments are closed.