CICERO, NY – There’s something amazing inside every box of Girl Scout Cookies. And inside of every girl that sells you a box! So why not bring out the amazing in every girl and buy a box…or two!
Girls have a lot of fun and learn important skills while participating in the largest girl-led business in the country.
1. Goal Setting – Girls set cookie sales goals individually and with their teams, create a plan to reach those goals, and develop cooperation and team building skills!
2. Decision-Making – Girls help decide how her team will spend their cookie money, furthering her critical thinking and problem solving skills.
3. Money Management – Girls take cookie orders, handle money and gain valuable and practical life skills around financial literacy.
4. People Skills – Girls learn how to talk to, listen to, and work with all kinds of people while selling cookies. These experiences help her develop healthy relationships and conflict resolution skills.
5. Business Ethics – Girls are honest and responsible at every step of the cookie sale. Her business ethics here reinforce the positive values she is developing as a Girl Scout.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program in the area begins on February 7. Then you will see girls taking cookie orders which will be delivered in the middle of March.
Girls will be holding booth sales with cookies in hand beginning on March 21. This year girls will be taking cookie orders through the traditional door-to-door and with the new online digital cookie order card.
Cookies are $4 per box and all money stays local to support girls’ activities year-round.
Cookies available this year are Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos, Trefoils, Savannah Smiles and two new cookies – Rah Rah Raisins and Toffee-tastic. Rah Rah Raisins are made with whole grain oats, raisins and Greek yogurt-flavored chunks. Toffee-tastic are a Gluten Free cookie with toffee bits throughout. Toffee-tastic will be $5 and only be available at select area booth sales while supplies last.
So bring out the amazing in every girl by stocking up on your favorite Girl Scout cookies beginning February 7.
For more information about the Girl Scout Cookie Program visit www.girlscoutcookies.org