The H. Lee White Marine Museum is pleased to announce the third session of their three-part mini lecture series on the topic of the “Lighthouses of Oswego,” featuring Ted Panayotoff, lighthouse historian and City of Oswego Lighthouse Committee chair who will discuss the various lights, the lighthouse keepers and related topics that spanned Oswego’s rich maritime history.
The final lecture in the series will be held at 1:30 pm Saturday, October 1, 2011. The public is encouraged to attend this final session.
“The Museum has been closely involved with the Lighthouse Committee and the restoration effort for several years.” noted H. Lee White Marine Museum Executive Director and Lighthouse Committee co-chair, Mercedes Niess, “This program has been included as part of our free History Lecture Series, which is in its tenth season.”
This session, will entail information about the current West Pierhead Light (1934) including the restoration plans for the exterior.
The H. Lee White Marine Museum is located at the end of the pier in the Historic Maritime District at the north end of West First Street in Oswego. For more information about this program or other Museum activities, please contact the H. Lee White Marine Museum at 315-342-0480 or [email protected] Also, visit the Museum at www.hleewhitemarinemuseum.com and on Facebook.