OSWEGO – The staff of the Oswego County Office for the Aging will schedule appointments at locations around Oswego County in January to help seniors apply for assistance paying their fuel bill through the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).
“In an effort to make HEAP application assistance more accessible to the elderly population of Oswego County, the Office for the Aging is working with community partners to bring ‘office hours’ to multiple locations,” said OFA Director Sara Sunday. “We know that transportation can be an issue so we are trying something new to reach out in the community this year.”
Residents must be age 60 or older and meet the following income eligibility guidelines for HEAP: maximum monthly income for a 1-person household is $2,300; maximum monthly income for a 2-person household is $3,007; maximum monthly income for a 3-person household is $3,715; and maximum monthly income for a 4-person household is $4,423.
Those who are interested in making an appointment should call the Office for the Aging weekdays at 315-349-3484.
Appointments will be available at:
• Fulton Public Library, 160 S. First St., Monday, Jan. 23, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Parish Municipal Building, 2938 E. Main St., Thursday, Jan. 26, from 1 to 4 p.m.
• Hannibal Nutrition Site/ Community Library, 162 Oswego St., Friday, Jan. 27 from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
• Phoenix Public Library, 34 Elm St., Monday, Jan. 30 from noon to 3 p.m.
• Sandy Creek Ainsworth Memorial Library, 6064 S. Main St., Tuesday, Jan. 31, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Residents will need to bring several documents to their scheduled appointment.
Documents include a photo ID or proof of date of birth for all members of the household; social security card for all members of the household; proof of rent (if applicable); National Grid statement; current utility bill; and proof of all income in the household.
Additional documentation may be required.
For additional information call the Oswego County Office for the Aging, weekdays at 315-349-3484.