OSWEGO – The Oswego City School District will be accepting petitions for Board of Education Members for the 2017-18 school budget vote and board member election on May 16.
Oswego City School District will be filling three three-year seats on the Oswego City School District Board of Education during the May election.
A candidate for the Board of Education must meet the following qualifications:
1. Be at least 18 years of age;
3. Be a citizen of the United States;
4. Be a qualified voter of the district;
5. Be a resident of the school district for at least one year prior to election;
6. Hasn’t been removed from any school district office within the preceding year;
7. Does not reside with another board member of the same school board;
8. Is not a current employee of the school district;
9. And does not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
No employee of the school district may be a member of the board; except as permitted by law.
The term is three years and the positions are unpaid.
Petitions for nominating candidates for the Oswego City School District Board of Education can be obtained from the District Clerk/Superintendent’s Office located at the Education Center, 120 E. First St., Oswego, NY 13126 between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Petitions must be signed by at least 100 qualified voters of the Oswego City School District and they must state the name and address of the candidate, residential address of each signer must also be provided.
The petitions must be filed with the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on April 26.