State Senator Patty Ritchie’s Senior Health and Wellness Expo will offer square dancing, free flu shots, cancer screening and even pampering at the Fulton War Memorial on Oct. 12.
The free event from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. feature over 50 exhibitors on health and wellness, health care, senior nutrition, fitness, and a wide variety of other services.
“My Senior Health and Wellness Expo will offer a one-stop event where you will be able to learn about the variety of services available to keep your family healthy and obtain services when family members need them,” said Sen. Ritchie. “A lot of people who have older family members seldom realize the wide variety of agencies and services that are available in Oswego County.”
Special events will include:
– Square dancing – Oswego County Square Dancers
– Free flu shots – Kinney’s & Oswego County Health Department
– Nutritional information – Oswego County Opportunities Senior Nutrition Services
– Fitness information – SUNY Oswego Retired Senior Volunteer Program, Oswego & Fulton YMCAs
– Energy information – National Grid
– Bone Density Screening – St. Lukes Nursing Facility & Oswego Health
– Cancer Services – Oswego County Opportunities
– Breast Cancer Support Group – Oswego County
– Pampering Activities – Beauticontrol and Mary Kay
There will also be free flu shot, health screenings and refreshments.
Over 1500 seniors attended a similiar event in September in Watertown. That was a new record for attendance at such an event.
An up to date list of participants can be found at www.ritchie.nysenate.gov.
For more information, call (315) 342-2057.
Some of those attending include:
Oswego County Health Department
Kinney Drugs, Inc
MVP Health Care
Office of the Aging
Office of Aging – Medicare
St. Luke’s Nursing Home
Sunrise Nursing Home
Seneca Hill Manor
Michaud Residential Health Services
Pontiac Care and Rehabilitation Center
RSVP of Oswego County
Springside at Seneca Hill
Rural Health Network
Stafkings Healthcare Systems Inc
Oswego County Opportunties
Cancer Services Program of Oswego County
OCO, Inc. Facilitated Enrollment
Oswego County Sheriff’s Office
Cornell Cooperative Extension
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Fidelis Care New York
Oswego County Veterans Service Agency
Friends of Oswego County Hospice
Northern Oswego County Health Services, Inc. (NOCHSI)
Oswego County Emergency Response
Oswego County Historical Society
American Red Cross
OCO, Inc. Health Education Dept.
OCO, Inc. Transportation
Caring & Sharing Breast Cancer Support Group
New York State Senate