OSWEGO –SUNY Oswego’s Campus Recreation will provide American Red Cross children’s swim lessons on six consecutive Saturdays, Oct. 15 to Nov. 19, in the Lee Hall pool on campus.
Taught by certified instructors, the American Red Cross children’s swim lessons will include sessions for students in first through sixth grades, and parent and child classes for 4- and 5-year-olds.
Levels and times for the lessons include:
* Level One: Introduction to Water Skills (grades 1 to 6): 9 to 9:30 a.m.
* Level Two: Fundamental Aquatic Skills (grades 1 to 6): 9:45 to 10:15 a.m.
* Level Three: Stroke Development (grades 1 to 6): 10:30 to 11 a.m.
* Level Four: Stroke Improvement (grades 1 to 6): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
* Level Five: Stroke Refinement (grades 1 to 6): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
* Level Six: Swimming and Skill Proficiency (grades 1 to 6): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
* Parent/child lessons to increase comfort in the water (ages 4 to 5): 11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
Cost for the six-week session is $37 for those with a valid SUNY Oswego ID card, $39 for all others.
Registration can be made by mail or in person to SUNY Oswego’s Campus Recreation in 101 Lee Hall (registration times 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, noon to 11 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays) or by phone at (315) 312-3114.
Registration forms and class descriptions also appear on the Campus Recreation website at oswego.edu/campusrec by clicking on the Aquatics link.
For more information about group and/or private swimming lessons, call (315) 312-3114.