OSWEGO NY – The “best summer ever” is right around the corner and the Oswego YMCA summer camp is offering day camp to make sure kids and youth in Oswego are adventurous, active and healthy this summer.
We are very excited for our new location located at the Crisafulli Arena.
YMCA camp programs offer youth fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time.
As a result, some kids can experience learning loss and gain weight twice as fast than during the school year.
Attending Oswego YMCA summer camp is a wonderful opportunity for kids to keep their minds and bodies active.
“Summer camp is an excellent way to ensure kids stay engaged socially, physically, and academically throughout the summer,” said Kyle Boeckmann, Oswego YMCA summer camp director. “In our day camp, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, they’re building relationships, developing character and discovering their potential. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp to keep them active and engaged all summer long.”
Boeckmann said there are five reasons why children and youth should attend summer camp:
1. ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child. Visit www.oswegoymca.org for details.
2. HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
3. PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
4. FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
5. MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share.
The Oswego YMCA camp offers: group games, arts and crafts, nature walks, field trips, swimming and the opportunity to make new friends and enjoy new experiences.
Please join us during healthy kids days at the Oswego YMCA on April 28th to register for camp and meet the director who can answer any questions.
A leading nonprofit committed to nurturing the potential of youth, the Y has been a leader in providing summer camp for more than 131 years. The Oswego YMCA continues to give youth an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build their kids’ character.
For more information, visit www.oswegoymca.org or contact Boeckmann at 315-342-6082 or email at [email protected]